PISTENBULLY rides in the Tiroler Zugspitz Arena
390 horsepower under the hood, a hefty nine tons in weight and giant tracks for maximum grip: The powerful Pistenbully cruise up and down the slopes of the Tiroler Zugspitz Arena every night to get them perfectly groomed for skiers and snowboarders.
If you would like to see them up close, here’s your chance to do so: In Biberwier, the drivers let you take a seat right beside them. And one thing’s for sure: Sitting in the cockpit as the Pistenbully rides up and down the steepest descents with ease is an awe-inspiring experience – for children and adults alike!
A box seat with a prime view of the slope
Every day, the snow groomers in the Tiroler Zugspitz Arena transport tons of ice and snow across the slopes. But how heavy is such an enormous machine? How do you steer a giant like this? And how do you groom the slopes for skiers? The drivers are happy to let you in on what they do on a daily basis when they’re out on the descents of the Tiroler Zugspitz Arena.
The Pistenbully tour in detail:
- When: 16.30
- Duration: about 1.5 to 2 hours
- Where: Meeting spot is the valley station of the Marienbergbahn 1.
- Price: adults EUR 50; children (5 to 15 years) EUR 35
- Registration (required!): at the ticket office of Marienbergbahn 1 lift
- Capacity: max. 1 adult or 1 adult and 1 child
- Good to know: Changes or cancellations due to the weather are possible.