Ski and Winter Holidays in times of Corona Virus
Austria is currently subject to national lockdown restrictions. These include:
- Hotels are closed to leisure travellers and tourists.
- Restaurants only offer takeout/delivery. Dining is prohibited.
- Strict entry regulations at the boarders to Austria (quarantine after entrance is mandatory).
- Event are cancelled.
- Cable Cars have reopened on 24 december. However, due to the covid restrictions, skiing is only possible for locals.
The following rules are in place outside of lockdown:
- In order to equalise the flow of guests, mountain railways in Ehrwald, Lermoos and Biberwier will be operating from 8.00 am, in Berwang and Bichlbach from 8.30 am.
- The ski schools, ski rentals and ski depots are also moving up their opening times.
- The catering establishments in the ski resorts are offering adapted lunches from 11.00 a.m.
- The ski bus line is being strengthened - an additional bus will be used to reduce the number of passengers.
In general, the following protective measures on the part of the federal government will apply from the start of the season:
- The consumption of food and beverages (also in outdoor areas) is only allowed while seated.
- The 1-metre safety distance applies to queuing areas on cable cars.
- For rides on chair lifts and gondolas, mouth and nose protection is mandatory.
- In ski schools, the number of groups has been set at a maximum of 10 people per group.